A CAREER AT PSK
PSK is a dynamic and diverse environmental consultancy that is always on the lookout for the right people to join our team and grow our expertise. We encourage our staff to accelerate their careers and challenge themselves by providing support and a positive work culture. We offer opportunities for continued career growth and recognise hard work and contribution to our team.
We are also committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment that encourages talented people to perform at their best and produce work of the highest quality, irrespective of background or personal characteristics. Our commitments are detailed in the following workplace policies:
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing Policy
- Flexible Working Arrangement Policy
Read more about these policies here.
CURRENT JOB VACANCY
PSK Environmental is excited to announce a new job opening for a Graduate Environmental Scientist. Our team is eagerly searching for a candidate who is keen to start their career in a professional and well supported environment, working on a diverse range of projects in both the private and public sector. Come and work with us!
Please see the full job listing at: Graduate Environmental Scientist
PSK Environmental Pty Ltd is a small Brisbane based environmental consultancy firm comprised of industry specialists providing environmental and land resource management consulting services to both the private and government sectors. Our core business is providing technical expertise for soil and water assessments and management (including Acid Sulfate Soils, Contaminated Land and problematic soils), land resource assessments (Strategic Cropping Land and Good Quality Agricultural Land) and environmental management documentation and monitoring services. Since our founding we have continued to grow organically and sustainably. Our success has been a testament to our technical excellence, collaborative and high performing culture. We recognise, reward and value staff for their performance and dedication.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years previous experience in Environmental consulting and fieldwork ideally specialising in Contaminated Land and/or Acid Sulfate Soil assessments in Queensland.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in science/Engineering from an accredited course provider
- Monitoring assigned projects to ensure they meet defined project objectives (i.e., meet client and regulatory requirements, timeframes, budget etc.) and regularly communicating with stakeholders.
- A current Australian Driver’s License and willingness to travel to remote locations occasionally if required.
- Proven experience in liaising and supervising sub-contractors i.e., drilling contractors.
- Highly regarded attributes include; Familiarity with various sampling techniques (Soil, Water and Groundwater), Professional Industry certifications and membership and an ability to maintain professional networks.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Utilising your previous experience and technical background to deliver high quality work in the areas of contaminated land, Acid Sulfate Soil, Environmental Monitoring and Environmental Management.
- Conducting and coordinating field investigations and project activities.
- Managing and analysing data, reporting and presenting findings to stakeholders.
- Assisting Senior and principal staff in the completion of work tasks and preparation of technical reports relating to: environmental assessments and management of soil, groundwater, surface water and/or dust in the fields of contaminated land and/or Acid Sulfate Soil.
- Travel to undertake field work (occasionally in remote locations).
- Undertake work safely, diligently and professionally.
- Flexible working arrangements including Working from home.
- Internal Training Programs
- Company Fun Days
- Highly rewarding career progression opportunities available.
- Small, friendly and supportive office environment.
- Performance based bonuses